EMBASSY OF INDIA
Ambassador Bambawale's keynote address at the International Day of Yoga event held in Beijing
(21 June 2018)
Dear Yoga Lovers and Enthusiasts,
I extend a warm welcome to all of you from the Embassy of India to China to today’s celebrations of the 4th International Day of Yoga.
2. Yoga has benefited millions of people across the globe in ensuring that they stay physically and mentally fit which in turn helps in leading a fulfilling life. Here in China too, Yoga has become extremely popular across the length and breadth of the country.
3. It is in recognition of this popularity of Yoga that the United Nations overwhelmingly agreed to designate this day – the 21st of June – as the International Day of Yoga.
4. Today we will collectively do some Yoga postures and asanas. If we do these common and simple Yoga asanas for 45 minutes every day, all of us will be healthier when we meet here again to celebrate the 5th International Day of Yoga in 2019.
5. I urge all of you to take an oath to make Yoga an integral part of your lives. I am confident that each one of you will find that you are performing better in your chosen path of work.
6. I thank you all for being here at the India House today to celebrate this momentous occasion with us. I wish each and every one of you a happy International Day of Yoga.