Embassy of India
16th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas ceremony at the Embassy of India, Beijing
The Embassy of India, Beijing celebrated the 16th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas on January 9, 2020 at the Swami Vevekananda Cultural Centre, Embassy of India, Beijing
2. During the event Ambassador addressed the Indian diaspora and elobrated on the important role played by the community in furthering the image of the country abroad.
3. Representatives of different Community of the Indian diaspora in Beijing also made a presentation on activities conducted by them through out the year. The speakers were Smt Prachi Gupta, President of Indian Community in Beijing, Mr Arghya Mitra from Beijing Bongs, Dr Vrushali Kolte from the Marathi community, Mr. Harpreet Singh Puri from the Sikh community, Shri Valiappan of Beijing Tamil Sangamam, Mr Tejaswara Rao Pedhada of China Telugu Association.
4. A short video of collection of photographs and presentations by various communities of their activities in the last one year was also screened on the occasion for the audience.
5. The cultural program organised on the occasion included singing of the patriotic song ‘Nanha Munha Rahi’ by children from Gurukul and a dance performance by the Swami Vivekananda Cultural Centre(SVCC).
6. Event also included Prize distributed by the Ambassador to the winners of the various sports competitions like badminton, cricket, which were organised by the Indian Community last year.
7. On this occasion, Embassy also announced a Logo Design Contest for the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between India and China, which will be organised from April 2020 to March 2021.
8. The Embassay also organised the Live streaming of the Pravasi Bharati Divas celebrations from Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra, New Delhi, where Hon’ble External Affairs Minister of India Dr. S. Jaishankar addressed the Pravasis all over the world.
9. A special Photo Exhibition of paintings of Gandhi ji made by the Chinese painters for the celebration of Gandhi@150 was also displayed at the venue.
10. The event saw enthusiastic participation by more than 200 people from Indian community in China.