Embassy of India
Press Release : Colours of India – India Week in Wuhan
1. “Colours of India”, a week-long exposition of Indian culture, together with business and tourism-related events, will be held in Wuhan, Hubei from 29 April to 3 May 2019. It is being jointly organized by Embassy of India, Beijing and Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), New Delhi in association with the Hubei Provincial Goverment and Wuhan Municipal Government and supported by the China Arts Association.
2. This celebration will mark the first anniversary of the landmark Informal Summit meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India and President Xi Jinping at this historic and important city of Wuhan in April last year.
3. “Colours of India” will showcase a vibrant display of Indian art and culture to Chinese audiences through dance performances, Bollywood movie screenings, as well as photography exhibitions. The Opening Ceremony of the “Colours of India” festival will be held at the Zhongnan Theater, Wuhan on 29 April. It will be inaugurated by Ambassador of India to China Mr. Vikram Misri and Deputy Mayor of Wuhan, Mr. Chen Xiexin.
4. The Opening Ceremony will feature a breathtaking Indian dance performance by Voxpop Dancers - a contemporary dance troupe and classical dance by Lokeshwari Dasgupta from Swami Vivekananda Cultural Centre, Embassy of India, Beijing.
5. Photo exhibitions on three distinct themes: Life and Times of Mahatma Gandhi; Buddhist heritage sites of India along with Buddhist-themed sculptures by renowned Indian photographer Mr. Benoy Behl; and Yoga around the World, showcasing the worldwide celebration of International Day of Yoga, will also be inaugurated on April 29. These exhibitions will be open to the public till May 3, 2019.
6. An Indian Film Festival will also be held as part of the “Colours of India” celebrations at 1001 Tianhe Cinema at the Zhongnan Theatre. Five popular Indian movies, each one representing a specific genre, including romance, comedy, action thriller, adventure and drama, will be screened. The inaugural film will be the romantic movie “Badrinath ki Dulhaniya” starring Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt.
7. A business event involving local Chinese companies will also be held on 30 April at Shangri La Hotel, Wuhan to encourage Hubei businesses to invest in India and explore opportunities with Indian IT companies and local Chinese industries.
8. A Cooperation Framework Agreement between Indian company Zeta-V and Wuhan Software Association will be signed at the business event on April 30 to explore mutually beneficial cooperation in the IT sector. A presentation on Sino- Indian Digital Cooperative Plaza (SIDCOP) will also be made at the event.
9. A tourism promotion roadshow is scheduled to be held on the afternoon of 30 April at Zhongnan Theatre for deepening people-to-people exchanges between the two countries by introducing the unique experiences India offers as a tourist destination to Chinese travelers.
10. As part of his visit to Wuhan for the India Week, Ambassador Vikram Misri held consultations with Mr. Jiang Chaoliang, Party Secretary of Hubei on 29 April to discuss activities and ideas to take forward India-China relations and further strengthen the role of Hubei province in this endeavor. Meetings with the leadership of Wuhan Municipal Government are also scheduled.
April 29, 2019